Tonight, in the infinitesimal light of the stars,
The trees and the flowers have been strewing their cool odors.
I walk among them, but none of them are noticing.
Sometimes I think that when I am sleeping
I must most perfectly resemble them —
Thoughts gone dim.
It is more natural to me, lying down.
Then the sky and I are in open conversation,
And I shall be useful when I lie down finally:
Then the trees may touch me for once, and the flowers have time for me.
Sylvia Plath, from ‘I Am Vertical’.
- coldthinwolf reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- strangersinastrangeland likes this
- throughthenoisetothesea likes this
- devilinacocktaildress reblogged this from misssecretagent
- workman likes this
- apidictor likes this
- anuntitledlife likes this
- lloveisaplace likes this
- uunspokenn reblogged this from quiethouses
- sevenwaters likes this
- quiethouses reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- onestarinsight reblogged this from hermeticlibrary
- bloodwork likes this
- yourdaysareyoursonnets likes this
- i-quite-like-hope reblogged this from hermeticlibrary
- musingsofalibertine likes this
- misssecretagent reblogged this from hermeticlibrary and added:
- opus53 likes this
- hermeticlibrary reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- awritersruminations likes this
- ourlittle-infinity likes this
- alsatiancousin reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- chateaudelune likes this
- anathem likes this
- mauerbluemchen reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- sec0ndcom1ng likes this
- caveofhypnos posted this