and sweet death of roots;
her mouth is a crushed geranium
and a wild sow’s teat.
She utters words heavy as earth,
and luminous as the lotus’ root.
She knows that heaven has a human shape,
and that the night sky is a mouth-
ful of quince.
Idol and chimaera;
she is the sphinx and the saint.
Her body is the boundary-stone
between beast and god.
Her breasts are the succour of poets,
her tracks; the glowing runes of creation.
When you meet her,
she will offer you a bowl of earth
and a branch of alder.
Leaf of Circe,
and loud flesh of mandrake;
she is the white moon’s dark twin,
and mother of the abyss.
Bethany van Rijswijk, from ‘White Moon’s Dark Twin’.
- stickyskin likes this
- treadingthedragon reblogged this from jayalalita
- thewoodwose likes this
- the-fertile-crescent likes this
- harrower likes this
- saturnshome likes this
- jayalalita reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- ambershrine reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- magpiemag reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- pinklemonadeandsunshine likes this
- verdureofyourlove likes this
- f1oating likes this
- mertseger reblogged this from paullinn
- mertseger likes this
- paullinn reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- birdonwing likes this
- sagetotemchronicles reblogged this from caveofhypnos
- sagetotemchronicles likes this
- awritersruminations likes this
- caveofhypnos posted this